Samos Advisors LLC has completed a successful 3rd Party EVMS (Earned Value Management System) Self-Certification Assessment for C-HIT (Chenega Corporation – Information Technology & Services).
C-HIT is a software development and consulting company that delivers comprehensive solutions for healthcare clients. A key federal client is the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The company hired Samos Advisors to be able to serve additional U.S. government agencies and to expand its existing program management capabilities.
Samos Advisors conducted an independent assessment of the existing EVMS practice. C-HIT did not have an EVMS that has been determined by the Cognizant Federal Agency (CFA) to be compliant with the guidelines in Electronic Industries Alliance Standard 748 (EIA-748) as outlined in FAR clause 52.234-4 Earned Value Management System.
Basil Soutos, Samos Advisors’ CEO with over 35+ years of EVM system implementation experience, conducted a comprehensive review of C-HIT’s existing EVMS policies and processes. He also evaluated the implementation practices of two C-HIT contacts with an EVMS reporting requirement.
Samos Advisors used widely accepted NDIA (National Defense Industrial Association) guides and DoD EVMS Self-Certification practices to determine EVMS compliance. The thorough assessment involved C-HIT stakeholders such as corporate leadership, control account managers, financial and project controls staff members, to determine EVMS Self-Certification.
The review included:
- Determine if existing EVMS policies and processes are compliant with EIA-748 (Standard for EVMS) and/or client EVMS reporting requirements
- Conduct standardized interviews to evaluate team members’ EVMS implementation practices in accordance with corporate EVMS policies and/or procedures
- Assess if the corporate culture and project teams embrace the use of EVMS as an integrated project management process for managing scope, schedule, budget and risk
- Identify EVM system deficiencies and/or management process improvements
- Review and approve contractor Corrective Action Management Plan (CAMP)
- Issue 3rd Party EVMS Self-Certification Acceptance Letter upon CAMP completion
For more information about how your company can benefit from a 3rd Party EVMS Self-Certification or implement a EVM system complaint practice, contact Basil Soutos, Samos Advisors, at 703-409-5941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.