Basil Soutos, Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Basil Soutos is Founder and Principal Consultant of Samos Advisors LLC, a leading provider of Program Management, Proposal Management and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) Services and Solutions.
Mr. Soutos is a well accomplished project management professional and is an industry expert in designing, developing and implementing EIA 748 Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) across the spectrum of DoD and civilian agencies. The implementation or modification of EVMS on current or new projects can be difficult, time consuming and costly to your company and/or client. Mr. Soutos has proven his cost-effective EVMS implementation model as industry contractor, a team member of a various government agencies or as a well respected project management and EVMS consultant.
The following highlights Mr. Soutos professional accomplishments:
- 30+ years of Project Management and EIA-748 Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) design, development, and implementation on small to large contacts (e.g., IT, Software Development, Agile, Production, DOE Environmental Management, Program Services)
- Recognized EVMS subject manner expert serving Industry, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Health & Human Services (HHS), U.S. Intelligence Community (NRO and NGA), and Bio-Pharmaceutical.
- Experienced team leader in directing project teams in EVMS policy generation, schedule and budget baseline implementation, data analysis and reporting, training, and conduct of mandated U.S. Government reviews.
- Well versed in implementing DoD, DOE and U.S. Government reporting requirements: Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR), DOE Order 413.3B – EVMS, Contract Performance Report (CPR), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Contract Funds Status Report (CFSR)
- Facilitated more than 75+ Government and Industry reviews (e.g., Contract Implementation Review (CIR), Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR), EVMS Surveillance, 3rd Party EVMS Certification, and DOE EVMS Compliance Reviews
- Responsible for curriculum development and delivered EVMS training for U.S Government, public and private seminars. Trained over 5,000+ acquisition professionals in EVMS Basic and Advanced Concepts, Schedule Management, IBR, Surveillance Reviews, EVMS Certification and Variance/Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) Analysis.
Samos Advisors Staff Members
Our senior staff members have over 25+ years of professional experience in areas of proposal, project management, and EVMS implementation (e.g., people, process, training and technology).
Having access to experience project personnel allows Samos Advisors to advise clients in developing program start-up strategies, conduct gap analysis across project management disciplines prior to contract award and assist contractors in implementing executable schedule and cost baselines.
Our highly qualified staff possess complementary project management expertise in areas of financial management, accounting, schedule and risk management, systems engineering, six sigma, and implementation of EVMS on Agile software development projects.